April 18, 2021

Tendulkar leaves hospital to continue Covid recovery

Spread the love

The Indian cricket superstar, 47, was admitted to hospital last week after revealing he had tested positive for Covid-19 and had been in quarantine at home; Tendulkar said on Twitter: “I have just come home from the hospital and will remain isolated while continuing to rest and recuperate”

By PA Media

Last Updated: 08/04/21 4:08pm

Former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar is continuing his recovery at home Former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar is continuing his recovery at home

Former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar is continuing his recovery at home

Sachin Tendulkar has paid tribute to medical staff after returning home from
hospital where he was treated for coronavirus.

The Indian cricket superstar, 47, was admitted to hospital last week after revealing he had tested positive for Covid-19 and had been in quarantine at home.

Tendulkar said on Twitter: “I have just come home from the hospital and will remain isolated while continuing to rest and recuperate.

“I would like to thank everyone for all the good wishes and prayers. Really appreciate it.

“I remain ever grateful to all the medical staff who took such good care of me and have been working tirelessly for over a year in such difficult circumstances.”

Tendulkar scored a record 15,921 Test runs for his country during a 24-year international career and is widely regarded as the game’s most complete batsman.

He returned to the crease recently as captain of the India Legends team in a promotional event called the Road Safety World Series in Raipur, in the state of Chhattisgarh.

Tendulkar lives in Mumbai, the capital of the Western Indian state of Maharashtra which has been the hardest hit by a resurgence in cases.